Sunday 12 April 2015

Evaluation Q2 (Edited for resubmission)

Peer Feedback


I decided to get feedback from my peers on these two questions:

  1. What genre do you think my ancillary texts and music video are?
  2. How do you think the ancillary texts and music video show continuity?
I thought it would be a good idea to get the opinions of others as I wanted to find out what others noticed that maybe I didn't.  I also wanted to see if what I thought showed continuity, for example costume and the font I have used, also had an impact on them.  
From the feedback I received they said the genre was pop, this is correct as they claimed they noticed this as the ancillary texts and music video were, vibrant, outgoing, upbeat, young and current.  They also noticed continuity between the ancillary texts and music video.  They said, the colour, font, costume, hair and makeup, the stance of the girls in the images and music video, similar composition, social media information and how simple they all were, caught their eye for the similarities to show continuity.  By keeping all these factors the same or similar this gives the audience a clear view that all of the products link together and are meant to be together as they are all for the song Sheezus by Lily Allen.   



While planning, researching and producing my music video and ancillary texts I had in mind that I wanted to aim to show continuity, which creates cohesion.  As the brief said, the ancillary texts had to compliment the music video and as these were promotional products.  When carrying out my research I found that continuity was a key convention between media texts, some aspects that help form continuity are colour scheme, font, shot location and costume.  
By my ancillary texts and music video complimenting each other, they have to have clear links between them.  Therefore doing photo shoots that are in the same locations as some of the shots in the music video show clear links.  A memorable location within my music video was the brightly coloured graffiti wall, therefore I chose this wall to also shoot photographs at, also keeping the costume the same.  As this background is memorable the audience would remember it when they see it in the digipak, therefore showing continuity and automatically linking the two together.   
      





Another memorable background within my music video was the only location that was indoors.  I chose this location of shot to also be in my magazine advert and digipak, once again showing continuity.  I also used this costume for the main image of my magazine advert, showing a link between the two again.      




By the genre of my music video and ancillary texts being pop, continuity of bright colour is a main convention.  I decided to use neon green throughout my two ancillary texts because it was bold and current.  Neon green also features in my music video on the main graffiti wall featured, therefore carrying the colour through to moving image.    

Overall the costume and location from my main product, which is my music video, I made sure was carried on through the use of photography to my ancillary texts.  Through moving image and still image the audience can clearly see links between the two therefore complimenting each other as the ancillary texts promote the music video. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment